Monday, February 13, 2012

And the lights come on ...

Aha. It would appear that I am not allowed to comment on moderation as per the Guardian's Community Standards. It makes a certain sense, except that it doesn't quite. Not when it's obviously in jest. I'd always assumed comments were removed either for legal or "moral" reasons. Or simply because they cause digestive disruption, massive internal bleeding, or at least prolonged flatulence in exposed readers. Fair enough, but I still don't understand the problem with the initial comment that was removed. I do have about 6-7 years and several hundred of these behind me. I had assumed that I would have fallen foul of anything obvious before.

I'm officially intrigued, is it possible to get banned without actually saying anything offensive? Can I establish a covert rapport with my moderators? What is the shortest possible comment that would get me binned?

No comments:

Post a Comment